Warwickshire - Up to £16.8/hr Ltd Co. - Type: Contract - Duration: 45 Weeks
Customer Ref: 35304
Our premium brand Automotive client is currently recruiting for the following role:
The Suspension System Architecture Dept is responsible for the detailed design and release of the Sub Frames, Powertrain Mounting Components, Suspension Links & Knuckles and Compliant Mounting Systems (Bushes) for all client programmes.
This role will focus on Structural Mounting System components on a particular platform within the client's range.
Key requirements of job role:
- Agree component/system targets (stiffness, strength, etc) with CAE team and attribute areas
- Develop component CAD with client CAD designers within available package to meet component targets for function, attributes, cost and weight.
- Work with purchase team to manage supplier nomination and sourcing process.
- Manage supplier delivery of components to agreed cost, timing and quality targets through Commodity Plans, Open Issues Lists, Supplier Reviews and regular Supplier communication
- Achieve ALL program milestone engineering deliverables, robust component sign off (DVP) and Phased Submission Warrant (PSW) in line with Programme timing.
3 KEY SKILLS
Strong communication/team working/project management skills
Self-motivated and able to deliver components / tasks with minimum supervision.
Robust practical knowledge of engineering principles
PC (MS Office) literacy - essential.
- Knowledge of design for castings, forgings and welded assemblies including manufacturing requirements.
Working knowledge of Failure Mode Avoidance Quality Tools
Highly motivated, enthusiastic and self driven
CAE stress / durability analysis
CAD CATIA V5 / V6
Additional Information :
Chassis Engineering is responsible for the design and release of a number of key vehicle systems - Suspension Systems Architecture (SSA), Suspension System Tuning (SST), Braking, Steering Wheels and Tyres (SWAT) and Axle Concepts and Chassis System Integration (AC&CSI).
The Suspension System Architecture (SSA) team is responsible for the design, analysis and release of vehicle chassis structural components including suspension links, knuckles, bearings, bushes and frames. This includes developing and implementing system and component strategies, developing detailed designs and delivering Engineering sign-off against customer requirements.
Engine & Transmission Structural Mounting Systems are relatively simple parts, however they have significant interactions with other parts, and vehicle attributes. Delivery of these components and systems is an essential element in delivering successful and profitable programmes.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.