Customer Ref: ETL062
Our client who is an iconic luxury sports car manufacturer, is currently recruiting for the following role:
The purpose of this role is to lead a team to create commodity strategy plans, deliver R&D and innovation projects to improve the design of those commodities. To create new design archetypes and deliver vehicle application projects.
Manage 5 year commodity strategy & get relevant new technologies to implementation ready within agreed Function budget, resource & timing.
Create engineering guideline documents and archetypes for platform and non-platform engineered components.
Work with application engineer & Product Cost Estimating to set platform commodity programme Financial targets based on improved archetypes & strategic suppliers.
Define to application engineer resource requirements (internal & external) for platform commodities.
Ensure platform commodities achieve the programme’s cascaded system level targets, supporting Concept reviews as required.
Deliver the programme QCWFT (quality, cost, weight, function and timing) requirements to the application engineer. TDC
Ensure that the commodity meets the Function plan (with the component suppliers), creating & managing recovery plans as required. Includes releasing platform components (BoM, tooling launch).
Monitor internal & external resource utilisation to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
Create & manage the platform commodity’s virtual & physical DV plan.
Ensures effective report writing to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
Ensure that all platform concerns are robustly resolved & provide technical support for application concerns.
Complete FESO documentation for platform commodities.
Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering degree or equivalent. Preferably Chartered Engineering status or equivalent.
• Proven record of delivering Electrical or Electronics Commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing.
• Experience of delivering one of the following commodities: infotainment, audio, cluster & displays, tracker & e-call, antennas, switchgear, lighting, camera & PDC’s, body electronics, power management, EDS.
• Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing, concerns, containments, gateways and sign off documentation.
• Experience of leading a cross functional team, including complex issue resolution.
• Experience of leading a small engineering team of direct reports – desirable not essential.
• Supplier management experience
• Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
• Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
• Excellent knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
• Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create the components or systems.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels
• Confident presenter
• Microsoft project experience is desirable
• Excellent financial management skills
• Strategic thinking
• Must be able to project manage and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment Agency.