Customer Ref: ETL075(Now ETL068)
Our client who is an iconic luxury sports car manufacturer, is currently recruiting for the following role:
Deliver Electrical and Electronics application commodities and represent platform commodities in the programme team
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• Define the Electrical & Electronics Function’s change content in response to the Strategic Evaluation Letter. Work with Product Cost Estimating to set commodity Financial targets based on defined archetypes & strategic suppliers.
• Support Programme Manager and Concept Leader to balance performance and cost targets.
• Define programme’s Electrical & Electronics engineering resource requirements (internal and external).
• Work with Concept Leader to ensure that platform commodities and functional archetypes are applied, and that Function commodities integrate effectively with other commodities to achieve overall vehicle targets.
• Use external engineering partners as required to deliver non-platform commodities in line with the functional archetypes and engineering guidelines, using Electrical & Electronics Performance Engineers to ensure system level targets are achieved.
• Ensure platform commodities are delivered (by platform engineers) to achieve the programme’s cascaded system level targets.
• Co-located with Programme Manager, collaborates with cross-functional programme team including application engineers from other Functions, Vehicle Performance & Concept, Purchasing, Manufacturing & Quality to deliver the programme QCWFT (quality, cost, weight, function and timing) requirements.
• Plan Electrical & Electronics Function programme delivery to achieve the VPP.
• Ensure that platform engineers & external engineering partners achieve the plan (with their component suppliers), creating & managing recovery plans as required. Includes releasing application components & driving ETRS for platform components.
• Monitor internal & external resource utilisation to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme
• Creates & manage the Function’s virtual & physical DV plan.
• Ensures effective report writing to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
• Ensure that all concerns are robustly resolved. First port of call for build issues. Includes resolving concerns on application components & driving concern resolution for platform components.
• Complete FESO documentation for application commodities, drive completion for platform commodities.
• Guarantees the functional & technical delivery of the system to the project.
Qualifications and Experience
• Engineering Degree or equivalent
• Proven record of delivering Electrical or Electronics commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing.
• Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing, concerns, containments, gateways and sign off documentation.
• Experience of leading a cross functional team, including complex issue resolution.
• Proven management of outsourced projects
• Supplier management experience
• Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
• Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels
• Confident presenter
• Excellent financial management skills
• Must be able to manage large workloads in a high pressure environment and prioritise accordingly.
• Must be able to project manage and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
• Ability to lead and inspire a team
• Able to communicate confidently and clearly
• Able to set and deliver targets
• Strategic thinking and decision making skills
• Resilient and driven to succeed; goal orientated
• Strong technical focus, high quality mind-set.
• Clean driving license
• Travel may be required, UK & overseas.
• Preferably Chartered Engineering status or equivalent
• Experience of more than one of the following commodities is preferred: infotainment, audio, cluster & displays, tracker & e-call, antennas, switchgear, lighting, camera & PDCs, body electronics, power management, EDS
• Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
• Excellent knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
• Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create the components or systems.
• Microsoft project experience is desirable
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment Agency.