Warwickshire - Up to £30/hr Ltd Co. - Type: Contract - Duration: 35 Weeks
Customer Ref: 35799
Our premium brand Automotive client is currently recruiting for the following role:
- As a lead Concept & Process Engineer you'll operate as a subject matter expert of your assigned portfolio of tooling, and provide regular, structured updates on panel feasibility including die process, quality, material utilisation and performance.
- You'll be expected to establish a professional, engineering interface with design, product engineering & all other manufacturing teams AME/BIW, DMBI, Paint, etc and tooling vendors to achieve the process concept & production sign off & ensure robust management of engineering change with minimal impact to the project outcomes.
- You'll also need to perform and validate simulations of stamping processes (Auto Form) and produce comprehensive formability information to feedback to Engineering & programme management teams to aid the manufacturability of the product.
- During the delivery phase you will also work very closely with the Engineering & planning delivery teams.
- In this role you'll also travel to suppliers both UK based and overseas as well as periods in other client Press Shops during launch periods.
- Expert levels of Pressed panel feasibility & Process, including Material Forming Simulations FEA (Auto Form software)
- You'll also have a working knowledge of Team Centre & expert levels of CAD skills (Catia v5)
- Experience using Microsoft applications, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- You'll need expert experience in a materials engineering or forming environment with expert process engineering background along with knowledge and familiarity with key pressed metal panel processes (Steel & Aluminium), facilities and technologies used throughout the pressed parts process chain.
You'll also have a working knowledge of Team Centre and excellent knowledge of CAD systems (Catia v5)
- A relevant engineering degree is not essential but would be an advantage, as would time served in related engineering disciplines.
- You'll be a flexible, self-motivated, organised and confident team player who is able to understand the needs, desires, aspirations and priorities of competing customers, whilst also communicates effectively to all levels of the business including internal and external stakeholders.
Additional Information :
- The Tooling and Pressed Parts Engineering Group is responsible for sheet metal tooling programs, facilities and technologies for all client vehicles.
- This includes managing the development, manufacture and successful launch of tooling and equipment into nominated press facilities as well as providing the foundation for our client's drive towards world class BIW quality and cost performance.
- An integral part of this activity is the Concept & Process Engineering team (also known as method planning) which plays a vital role in the realisation of these business aims.
NB: Frequent travel to client Press Shops & some overseas
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.