Warwickshire - Up to £56.25/hr Ltd Co. - Type: Contract
Our prestige engineering client is currently recruiting for the following role:
Solutions Architect PLM - Remote working and Warwickshire - £450/day (Outside IR35) - 6 Months contract (potential to roll)
The role of Solutions Architect is essentially to create, guide and influence the technical design, configuration and planning implementation of the automotive client's PLM projects. Where necessary integrating relatively simple and ‘clean’ concepts for each (sub) system or layer to constitute the whole. Create the structure and description of a system. To enable the implementation, understanding, support and further development of a system. The solution architect will specify the architecture, which essentially consists of a set of integrated designs.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for the high-level and low-level design of the system to be implemented. Establish the basic structure of the system, define the essential core design features and elements that provide the framework for all that follows. The Solution architect will provide an IT view of the business vision for what the system needs to be and do, and the paths along which it must be able to evolve, and strives to maintain the integrity of that vision as it evolves during detailed design and implementation.
The successful candidate will offer a proven track record in Solution Architecture (or technical lead) on significant programmes and bids, used to working with internal stakeholders and external clients/suppliers in a technical or business design function. We’re looking for demonstrable expertise developing conceptual, logical and physical architectures and applying architectural principles
Any Enovia, Catia, 3DExperience, TOGAF, depth/breadth of solution areas (applications, business analysis, data, integration and infrastructure), Enterprise Architecture methodologies, cloud-based solutions, Digital Evolution, API Management and Intelligent Automation viewed as advantageous
Area of Responsibility
- Provide the primary architectural focal point for the project
- Interface with the business sponsors and all other stakeholders.
- Ensure the solution meets project requirements and is aligned to the business direction.
- Provide ownership of technical solutions as well as options with documented impacts and benefits.
- Provide knowledge on modern Applications, Networks, Servers, Storage, and Desktop Infrastructures within complex and challenging environments.
- Define the infrastructure hardware and software requirements
- Prepare and submit detailed documentation on the solution to the IT Design and Service Authority for review and approval
- Collaborate with the project manager to develop detailed project plans.
- Define system requirements, based on the business needs balanced against other constraints such as cost and timing. Ensuring that this set of high level requirements is consistent, complete, correct and operationally defined.
- Actively engage with stakeholders involved in gathering requirements and responses.
- Assist in in converting requirements into a further level of detail for solution proposals and subsequent implementation
- Interpret and map business requirements to solution functionalities
- Assist project delivery teams to understand the detail around implementation and to become involved in that delivery when required
Experience / Skills Required:
- Excellent stakeholder and communication skills
- Experience of Enovia, Catia, 3DExperience
- Experience of multiple domains (Marketing & Sales, Manufacturing, Corporate) beneficial
- Experience in analysis and architecting solutions which includes designing entire solution for an enterprise and distributed applications on various platforms. - Technologies: Client Server / Distributed / Web Based / N-Tier Systems and Applications on following platforms - LINUX, WINTEL, Cloud based ( Google , Azure , Amazon)
- Have experience and Ability to deliver robust end to end solutions, to meet with third party software suppliers, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Application SME’s to discuss and identify architectural changes and propose new changes to existing software and hardware specifications.
- To provide current best practices and alternatives as required as part of the functional design documents.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with individuals at all levels including stakeholders, business users and also can work as a part of a team as well as independently.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.