Warwickshire - Up to £22.3/hr Ltd Co. - Type: Contract - Duration: 43 Weeks
Customer Ref: 35447
Our premium brand Automotive client is currently recruiting for the following role:
This position presents an exciting opportunity to become part of a unique and evolving department within Body Engineering, developing advanced feature strategies and leading content delivery across many programs. In this role you will be exposed to a variety of components, systems, suppliers and cross PD functions, playing a key part in driving robustness and quality into the cabin systems team.
Reporting to the departmental Group Leader and/or Programme Module Leader within Cabin area, the Lead Engineer will potentially work across all of the cabin commodities.
- Lead definition & design activities from PS through to Job 1, managing the Module Business Teams and interfacing with engineering, purchase, programme team, marketing and manufacturing functions, plus tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers.
- Management of and liaise with other adjacent stakeholders and functions, including suppliers, to ensure system compatibility issues are resolved according to cost and time targets.
- Support system strategy development for components and features.
- Develop and maintain local processes and metrics.
- Delivery of the Body Engineering functional scorecard.
3 Key Skills:
1) Project Management skills, delivery of project from concept to full production.
2) Knowledge of component design principles including component production techniques such as injection and compression moulding
3) Good communication & systems engineering skills approach to project development.
- Be capable of engineering complex parts and / or assemblies, with particular consideration of part to part interfaces and relationships, including CAE, DFM and DFA requirements.
- The Lead Engineer should be able to demonstrate design flair and the ability to be able to engineer a range of solutions to a design problem.
- Experience of investigative tools and methods to resolve complex system issues
- The Lead Engineer will be an effective communicator and have strong organisational and numerical skills.
- Lead Engineer should be ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- Previous experience/knowledge of the Body Engineering environment is desirable for this role, but not essential.
- Proven knowledge of Jaguar Land Rover Product Development and business; processes and systems. Engineering knowledge of Body Engineering systems, component design, function, performance, production and manufacturing requirements is desirable but not essential.
- A good understanding of the change management process (PACN and WERS processes), Design Verification (RMDV), Design FMEA and AIMS processes would be advantageous.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.