Customer Ref: PTN111
Our client who is an iconic luxury sports car manufacturer, is currently recruiting for the following role:
This role is to define Air Intake system strategy and components for the next decade, covering both large and small pressure charged engines in both front and mid-engine positions. The Project Engineer will initially report directly to the PTSE Manager, however, the longer-term objective is to have a management grade PMST leader building and leading a team
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• Working with the Base Engine team to determine cross platform Air Intake System requirements for all future product including:
o Total Vehicle integration of Intake system
o Airflow requirements including management of CFD analysis and system pressures
o Filtration requirements including dirty air duct design for clean
o Mass airflow measurement
o Intake package within multiple vehicles with maximum commonisation
o Turbo entry including bypass and flow optimisation
o Cabin noise systems (Symposer) and work with NVH department for Sound Quality.
• Lead/support CAE investigations into system layout/selection.
• Lead/support general QCWF activities for intake systems (quality, cost, weight, function).
• Generate/present technical papers/ presentations to support/drive programme and product decisions.
• Liaise with system engineers and suppliers to determine component and system requirements.
• Co-ordinate packaging schemes to meet component requirements and corporate standards.
• Produce information to support package reviews, including consideration from all affected areas including production (DFA), certification, environmental, service and logistics.
• Identify CAD requirements and check Model and 2D details to client drafting standards for release.
• Release components in time to meet CMM dates for programme timing gateways.
• Support supplier selection, parts procurement for both prototype and production builds including RFI and RFQ.
• Generate BoM information.
• Lead DFMEAs and DVP generation to including the setting of corporate test procedures/standards.
• Design should be optimised for component and system performance, strength, material selection and weight through experience, hand calculations and the use of analysis tools.
• Support the development of in house design test and development standards and procedures.
• Support component and vehicle development/validation through the use of Dyno testing and vehicle testing including Vehicle Ingress and Environmental
Qualifications and Experience
• Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
• Experience of automotive OEM Air Intake Systems, at component and system level, including specification, design and development.
• A flexible ability to work on multiple tasks to a tight timescale, accurately, without detailed supervision.
• Competent with MS Office.
• Good communications and presentation skills.
• The successful candidate may, on occasion, be required to travel to other Aston Martin Lagonda sites to assist with maintenance issue
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment Agency.