Warwickshire - Up to £27/hr Ltd Co. - Type: Contract - Duration: 63 Weeks
Customer Ref: 36515
Our premium brand Automotive client is currently recruiting for the following role:
Special Vehicle Operations
Our client is looking for someone with the right skills to ensure hardware meets requirements. This would include:
1. Reviewing and Approving Test Plans and Results
2. DOORs, RTC and Compliance Matrix Management and Status
3. Provide process and technical support to HIL team (With hardware perspective)
4. Lead failure investigation analysis of current production and development ECUs
5. Manage ECU delivery to PPAP
6. Create and maintain a comprehensive evidence record.
7. Reviewing and approving supplier design analysis of electronic circuits, PCB layout and mechanical design.
3 key skills required
- Electronic HW Design and Simulation Experience
- Mechanical Design of Enclosures and Environmental Test Standards & EMC awareness including review and approval of test reports.
- Authoring Specifications and Requirements
Other skills required:
- High Volume Production of Electronics
- Supplier Management techniques and Program Management experience.
- Review and approval of supplier electrical and electronic functional test plans
- Requirements definition and review and approval of Test Software
- Design and Commissioning of Test Equipment for Formal Design Validation
- Collaborating with other disciplines (Software, Mechanical, Program Management) and working within teams
- Experienced and independent engineer to join an established team to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision to work with our suppliers to ensure a timely and robust delivery of ECUs in the automotive sector.
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills to liaise with Core Chassis manager, SVO Electrical Manager & other stakeholders
- Electronics and electrical degree preferred
- Hands on experience in electronic hardware design, development & validation preferably in automotive industry
- Understanding of systems analysis and IC validation
- In-circuit Test development & test automation
- Knowledge of various electrical sensors (Analogue and Digital)
- Knowledge of CAN, SPI, Flexray
- Knowledge of data logging and analysis
- Experience of production software development and delivery through all stages of the engineering development V cycle, from requirements to validation.
- Experience with 32,16 and 8bits microcontrollers; Experience with Infineon Aurix, MPC55xx, HCS08 would be an advantage
- Proficiency in using test equipment including, but not limited to, Canalyser, Canape, oscilloscope, digital logic analyser and other test equipment
- Excellent problem solving and issue investigation skills.
- Must be independently mobile across all sites with full UK driving license
- Electronics Engineering Degree preferred.
- Understanding of Automotive Standards for Electrical, EMC and the Environment
- Understanding of quality and robustness techniques and standards such as FMEA, P-Diagrams, noise factor analysis, and data analysis techniques to support this
- Prior automotive experience preferred
- Experience of virtual test, component test and vehicle testing including proving ground environments
- Component and system level issue investigations including appropriate problem solving and reporting tools (Six Sigma, 5D, Is / Is Not, Fault Tree etc.)
- Understanding of automotive networking, diagnostics and fault handling techniques, and related system development tools (CANalyzer, ASL, CANape, Corvus etc.)
- Experience of safety critical systems including standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508 or similar.
- This position is deemed inside of IR35.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.