Warwickshire - Up to £19.5/hr Ltd Co. - Type: Contract - Duration: 35 Weeks
Customer Ref: 35785
Our premium brand Automotive client is currently recruiting for the following role:
The Crafted Quality Leader working in the Perceived Quality and Engineering Excellence group, within Body Engineering, is responsible for delivery of the Crafted Quality element of the Level 1 Perceived Quality Attribute for various sections of the vehicle on a new model programme. The CQ Leader works with various stakeholders from across the business to deliver an end product with leadership levels of Crafted Quality.
- To work on, and gain experience of, components and systems across the whole of Body & Trim Engineering with all the various technologies this involves
- To work closely with stakeholders across the business involved with developing engineering concepts (from Engineering, Design, Manufacturing, suppliers etc.)
- To work with PQ Programme Attribute Leaders in leading teams of engineers and designers across a number of functions in the resolution of complex engineering issues, ensuring release of geometry which meets the exacting visual quality targets for our vehicles.
- Utilisation of latest visualisation techniques.
The role provides an ideal opportunity to develop a wider knowledge of Body Engineering components and programme delivery whilst allowing the individual to impact directly on the crafted quality of the client's vehicles.
1) Be able to demonstrate the ability to resolve technical issues (and associated business cases) within a team environment with the ability to interface directly to the Design teams, Attribute teams, component areas, manufacturing and marketing, plant, company quality, new model programs, advanced manufacturing, and represent the Perceived Quality Department.
2) A comprehensive understanding of the manufacturing processes used in the production of vehicle body components (injection moulding, stamping, casting, soft trim etc.) and the associated variation and process capability and how to control this within the Design and Engineering of component interfaces.
3) The ability to interrogate CAD data using associated visualisation tools such as Vis Mock-up / Digital Buck.
Working knowledge of the processes and technologies used to manufacture a variety of Body components.
Ability to work with others, leading meetings to pull together the various teams to deliver an integrated solution.
Computer literate, particularly in MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
Good communication, interpersonal skills, self-confident and a 'passion for the product' are personal qualities needed to succeed in this high pressure environment, being self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
Proficient in CAD viewing tools such as Vismockup / Digibuck.
Degree would be desirable, but not essential if you can demonstrate the right experience.
Ability to use CATIA V5 to interrogate CAD - measurements, sections etc.
6 sigma qualification (Yellow, Green, Brown or Black belt).
Experience of plant based assembly and manufacturing problems, including plant product audit.
Competency in MS Access would be an advantage.
Additional Information :
Exciting opportunity to come in and help the PQ attribute team deliver Leadership levels of Crafted Quality on the client's new vehicle programmes.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.