Warwickshire - Up to £25.55/hr Ltd Co. - Type: Contract - Duration: 48 Weeks
Customer Ref: 35316
Our premium brand Automotive client is currently recruiting for the following role:
This position presents an exciting opportunity to become part of a unique and evolving department within Body Engineering, developing advanced feature strategies and leading content delivery across many programs. In this role you will be exposed to a variety of components, systems, suppliers and cross PD functions, playing a key part in driving robustness and quality into the moving glass and side door systems team.
Reporting to the departmental Group Leader and/or Programme Module Leader within Door system area, the Lead Engineer will potentially work across all of the Door commodities.
- Lead definition & design activities from PS through to Job 1, managing the Module Business Teams and interfacing with engineering, purchase, programme team, marketing and manufacturing functions, plus tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers.
- Management of and liaise with other adjacent stakeholders and functions, including suppliers, to ensure system compatibility issues are resolved according to cost and time targets.
- Support system strategy development for components and features.
- Develop and maintain local processes and metrics.
- Delivery of the Body Engineering functional scorecard.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Excellent first hand knowledge of component design principles within Side door Systems component Design, including component production techniques such as injection moulding / aluminium extrusion / Zinc Casting / TPE extrusion and mouldings. This will involve working with and across many diverse components such as Dynamic Body/Door Seals, Door Glass Run Seals, Body and Door Mounted finishers / Claddings and/or Glass Lift systems involving Glass and Regulators and/or Door mounted module plates among others.
Project Management skills, delivery of project from concept to full production.
Good communication & systems engineering skills approach to project development.
- Be capable of engineering complex parts and / or assemblies, with particular consideration of part to part interfaces and relationships, including CAE, DFM and DFA requirements.
- The Lead Engineer should be able to demonstrate design flair and the ability to be able to engineer a range of solutions to a design problem.
Experience of investigative tools and methods to resolve complex system issues
The Lead Engineer will be an effective communicator and have strong organisational and numerical skills.
- Lead Engineer should be ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- Previous experience/knowledge of the Body Engineering environment is essential for this role.
Proven knowledge of client Product Development and business; processes and systems.
- Engineering knowledge of Body Engineering systems, component design, function, performance, production and manufacturing requirements.
A good understanding of the change management process (PACN and WERS processes), Design Verification (RMDV), Design FMEA and AIMS processes would be advantageous.
Additional Information :
As a Lead Engineer you will manage and coordinate all delivery aspects within the design process, from Initial concept through to volume production.
You will operate in a cross-functional organisation, reporting to a Module leader and a Group Leader. There will be an emphasis on delivering robust systems, such as Moving Glass and/or Dynamic sealing systems within programme defined time-lines and gateways, ultimately delivering components which meet weight / cost and quality requirements against defined targets including delivery all vehicle attributes.
This will involve working with and across many diverse components such as Dynamic Body/Door Seals, Door Glass Run Seals, Body and Door Mounted finishers and/or Glass Lift systems involving Glass and Regulators and/or Door mounted module plates among others.
You will be involved in the detailed development of the components from the Concept phase through the many gateways to production Launch (Job1). You will also have the opportunity to develop new concepts and deliver systems from current Bill of Designs (BoD's).
At the same time you'll be involved in the development of the system and how it interacts within the body architecture, working with partners such as AME, PVT, Purchase, Cost Engineering, Quality, Design, STA, Electrical, BIW, CAE, Optical Quality, Test Area, Manufacturing and others. You will actually manage the way those parts interact with each other and the way they interact with the body architecture. This will be carried out across a range of new and exciting vehicle programmes, where you will also work close with a range of specialist departments and external companies. With excellent communication and relationship building skills, you're able to lead the coordination of a diverse set of tasks.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.