Warwickshire - Up to £28.5/hr Ltd Co. - Type: Contract - Duration: 34 Weeks
Customer Ref: 36131
Our premium brand Automotive client is currently recruiting for the following role:
Special Vehicle Operations
Project manage the delivery of niche & high line SVO Exterior Trim components or sub systems. Liaison with programme team, suppliers, manufacturing and purchasing, etc. Manage component validation programme including order and supply of components and arrangement of rig and vehicle test. Analyse internal test standards and create project delivery plans.
Project management, ability to use appropriate quality tools and techniques e.g. FMEA, DFA,DVP etc.
PC skills: Excel, Word, Powerpoint and database applications
Knowledge of WERS releasing, CATIA V5, Vismockup, FMEA, ENOVIA
Experience of relevant components and systems and materials and production processes used in the manufacture of the components. Experience of Product Change systems. Knowledge of CCDS project management process.
3 key skills required
- It is essential that the individual has worked in an Exterior Trim engineering role, with a high level knowledge of such commodities and has had experience in developing tooling for all types of trim parts.
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve objectives and resolve issues is essential
- High Drive, self motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision
It is essential that the individual has worked in an Exterior Trim engineering role,with a high level knowledge on BiW and closure systems and CATIA trained.
- Experience in projects from pre <PS> to Job 1 inc launch support.
- Experience of GPDS / PCS and all engineering planning and delivery processes is essential i.e. AIM's, DFMEA, eFDVS / RMDV, WERS.
- Ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve objectives and resolve issues is essential
- High drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Good leadership and influencing skills
- The ability to manage complex technical issues is essential to balance the often conflicting needs of the business, within project timing constraints.
- A good level of people development and team management skill or experience.
- Both verbal and written communication skills are important to report technical issues across all levels, and these should be combined with a confident attitude.
- The candidate must have a record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Be able to demonstrate high levels of leadership and people development skills.
- The candidate must be flexible with regard to multiple site working during launch.
- Preferably a degree in an Engineering subject or HNC/HND with significant experience. Minimum 2 years experience of working in a similar role within the automotive, or a related, industry, with a demonstrable track record of delivery
FEN END (Main) Solihull (Launch)
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.