Warwickshire - Up to £25.98/hr Ltd Co. - Type: Contract - Duration: 12 Months
Customer Ref: 36534
Our premium brand Automotive client is currently recruiting for the following role:
This role will provide engineering and technical support to design, develop and implement manufacturing production processes to enable successful launch of new products, ensuring feasibility of all designs to suit manufacturing build requirements, Design for Assembly (DFA) and compliance with the Bill of Process (BOP). This includes the creation of process, delivery of tools, jigs & fixtures, quality, data analysis and reporting of major issues, deployment of failure mode avoidance tools, support of cross-functional teams in the resolution of those issues on projects and the tracking of resolution through to completion.
You'll be part of a team of engineers, the role requires collaboration across functions to ensure we have established compliance with the BOP to deliver processes that meet our basic minute value (BMV) and quality targets. It is also important for us to share best practice across the platforms and between manufacturing plants to ensure we employ the best processes available wherever possible.
- Relevant previous experience of Automotive Manufacturing / Engineering processes, tools and techniques
- Flexible approach to job responsibilities and working hours
- Demonstrable ability to create detailed and effective action plans
- Functional scorecard monthly filing
- Weekly team diagnostic report
- Application of Lean Manufacturing and Design principles.
- Attend programme meetings at all levels and present where applicable.
- Feasibility of all designs to suit manufacturing build requirements - Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Build process strategy for manufacturing.
- Planning, developing and implementation of all written Processes for manufacturing.
- Planning, developing and implementation of all tooling, jigs and fixtures for manufacturing.
- Supplier selection and vendor management.
- Process Capability of all processes and equipment, including Dimensional Management applications.
- Quality Planning and Analysis for Manufacturing.
- Involvement in the departments work through development and monitoring of timing plans.
- Ensure adherence to Integrated Production System (IPS) deliverables.
- Manage technical issues and escalate where appropriate.
- Contribute in the development and submission of departmental responses to product letters etc.
- Support and lead virtual build events, raising and managing issues where appropriate.
- Support physical builds at Plant locations, raising and managing issues where appropriate.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
- Ideally educated to degree level in Manufacturing or a similar engineering discipline
- Knowledge of and involvement in the product development phase
- Project management experience
- Understanding of IPS requirements & Lean Manufacturing
- An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable
- Achieve results and meets commitments.
- Building relationships.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, problem solver.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.