Our prestige engineering client is currently recruiting for the following role:
Business Analyst Manufacturing PLM - Remote Working / Warwickshire - Up to £325 /Day (Outside IR35) - 6 Months contract
This role falls within the deployment element of Manufacturing PLM and is the crucial bridge between technical delivery and companywide adoption of a class leading manufacturing process programme, acting as the mechanism to maximise the value and benefit of the initiative. The Business Analyst - Manufacturing PLM / Process Specialist is responsible for development of processes and ensuring full understanding of Manufacturing use cases for the Manufacturing Engineering tools (e.g. process creation, allocation. Line balancing, simulation etc.).
- Work with client's functional areas to understand the Manufacturing Engineering processes & methodologies
- Identify and implement manufacturing process, method and tool improvements utilising out of the box functionality
- Support backlog refinement - understand the capabilities and features and split into user stories
- Sequence user stories and break down into tasks
- Collaborate with toolset provider (Dassault Systèmes) about how to use the system in the context of the backlog
- Understand Client scenarios (use cases) and support the development team to deliver capabilities in support of these
- Support business testing activities documentation of results
- Issues management – raising issues with sufficient criteria and context, support problem solving discussions and issues reviews, manage retest activities and raise redeployment requests
- Write/document any enhancement requests
- Stakeholder management - run sprint reviews with customers, highlight challenges, keep customers updated on progress being made
- Create and document methods (user guides) which describe how to execute the design and deployed solution
- Collaboration with other PLM workstreams on work content impacting cross functionally, particularly UBOM and Change Management workstreams
- Collaborate with trainers to support transforming methods into process based training material for business readiness activities
- Deployment process activity - work closely with systems team to deploy solution into integration environment, and create test plan, run testing in that environment on production data
- Support deployment to production and work closely with Engineering teams to ensure seamless transition to the new toolset
Experience / Skills Required:
- Excellent understanding of end-to-end manufacturing processes
- Relevant Degree in software engineering or practical experience
- Proven knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering processes, tools and techniques.
- Previous working experience in an operational / manufacturing business
- Familiar with Engineering Bill of Materials and Manufacturing Bill of Materials – Managing procurement information, product configurations, multi plant scenarios and Bill of Process (BoP)
- Experience taking manufacturing customer requirements and designing, developing and implementing IT solutions into production
- Ability to turn complex concepts into simple language
- Experience of the ARIS process mapping tool
- Significant experience in Dassault Systèmes 3DExperience Delmia application or DELMIA V5
- Experience in Process Definition ; Process Time ; Balancing and Work Instructions/ Operator Instructions
- Experience working within a configured Engineering Bill of Materials
- Knowledge of Enterprise Change Management
- Knowledge of data feed and integration with other enterprise system such as ERP and MES.
- Familiarity with working in an Agile framework (e.g. Scrum, LeSS, SAFe).
- Experience of using Jira and Confluence
The role will be Warwickshire based, but there will be a need to travel between each of the engineering and operational plant locations to meet with stakeholders and customers as required. From time to time, the role may require international travel to all client manufacturing locations.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.