Our prestige engineering client is currently recruiting for the following role:
Launch Engineer - Castle Bromwich - Salary circa £40-£45k p.a. +10% PRP + benefits
The Launch Engineer is responsible for whole vehicle build assembly process development and validation.
- Lead and report on whole Vehicle BOM / specification validation using SDV/APT/Gspas/Gpirs to align build requirements.
- Attend and contribute to Build Planning Meetings –including, RIS, IPC, FMS, OTG, startup, washup, 5F, parts, WCPA.
- Collect and provide data for senior reviews, including Gating, EPC, LMM
- Work with Programme teams to align build timing plans and Prototype work load capacity for multiple programmes.
- Lead reviews with Proto MP&L to ensure parts supply meets build requirements.
- Provide data for and attend daily High Hurts reviews.
- Collate and present data for vehicle quality and integrity meeting programme specifications.
- Lead management of critical torque data gathering via control plans and attribute checks.
- Champion component engineers to ensure quality resolutions of all build related issues.
- Recording and presenting Prototype deliverables to Senior Management.
- Champion Prototype Build Quality Operating System during builds.
- Commissioning and sign off of Prototype vehicles.
- Manage and lead a team to deliver Plant Score Card requirements and targets.
- Ensure consistency and leadership in delivery of attribute targets and milestone reporting.
- Encourage continuous improvement and report performance across all levels of Prototype Build.
- Provide leadership and support for the whole team including Engineers to resolve significant technical issues whilst balancing other business factors.
- Liaise with Manufacturing facility teams, Site Services and external contractors to provide feasibility, design, cost and purchase of new equipment and facilities for forthcoming builds and Prototype Build improvements.
- Support / Collate information for the Process Chain events.
- Support / Collate information for the Dry Build, ECube, and PCF process / events.
- Raise and maintain relevant build related AIMS, and help drive robust closure actions
- Support WCPA feedback sessions, and liaise with component engineers to drive PCA, and ensure that containment is in place quickly.
- Support PSW phase 1 OTG meetings and assist engineer to a robust PSW delivery date.
- Analysis of FMS deck, and drive robust closure of any emerging issues on the fleet.
The successful applicant should have the capability to drive and motivate the team to achieve results and continually implement process improvements. They must be self-motivated to achieve deadlines and be pro-active in anticipating and preventing any build stopping issues, whilst ensuring that the quality of the product is not compromised by achieving the timing plan. In addition, the applicant should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Proven ability to influence and/or manage people.
- Candidate must have a record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Will be required to work at other sites & locations as requested.
- Able to be flexible with working arrangements including shifts & overtime where required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- The ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision when necessary to deliver key objectives.
- Conversant with GSPAS, APT, AIMS, Digibuck & GPIRS Bills of Material – Essential.
- Good understanding of PCS – Desirable.
- Understanding of vehicle programme delivery processes & procedures.
- High degree of inter-personal skills.
- A full driving licence.
- Data analysis PC Skills Microsoft applications (Power Point & Excel preferable).
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work to tight deadlines.
- Good Business Acumen.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment Agency.