Our prestige engineering client is currently recruiting for the following role:
Lead Engineer Cockpit - Remote & Warwickshire - Salary £40-45k p.a. +10% PRP - Permanent
The Lead Engineer Cockpit is responsible for leadership of the sub system engineers and is responsible for deliverables for all aspects of defined component(s) / system(s).
Engineering, Research and Development (ER&D) is a growing function within the Client's business that is assembled to work on projects and programmes for their own clients. The Lead Engineer Cockpit will take ownership of the Automotive Cockpit commodity through the full product development lifecycle.
- Engineering Research & Development division
- Customer interfaces
This position is responsible for establishing, planning and running the engineering sub system meetings to ensure appropriate cross functional representation and input from all relevant areas. You will have responsibility for:
- Establishing the team work plan
- Ensuring progress is made by following up actions with their owners.
- Publishing minutes from each meeting
- Ensuring that the engineering sub-system delivers its objectives and targets (technical and business)
- Ensuring that programme timing objectives are met
- Communicating team progress to management
- Ensuring the effective application of APQP to manage system/ component delivery
- Ensuring vehicle builds are supported with parts at the required level
- Ensuring that issues are addressed and closed off
- Ensuring that issues that cannot be resolved are escalated to Module Leader
- Identifying all risks to the programme.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Proven project management capability demonstrated by recent delivery on time & budget within an automotive product development environment.
- Engineering knowledge of defined component(s) / system(s) design, function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements,
- Excellent communications skills, demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels,
- PC Literacy: Microsoft Project, Power Point, Excel, Word etc.
- Significant experience in use of engineering tools FMEA, Six Sigma, problem resolution etc.
- Successful history of delivery within the automotive product development sector.
- Degree in relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- CAD Literacy: ability to manipulate and interrogate CAD data and use associated visualisation tools.
- Ability to generate CAD data in Catia v5.
- Working knowledge of project delivery processes e.g. PPAP Working.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment Agency.