Our prestige engineering client is currently recruiting for the following role:
Module Leader Exteriors - Remote & Warwickshire - Salary £50-55k p.a. +10% PRP + £6,840 per annum car allowance.
The Module Leader Exteriors will set up & run the Programme Module Team to ensure up front input from all relevant areas. You will provide leadership and technical expertise in your area.
Engineering, Research and Development (ER&D) is a growing function that is assembled to work on projects and programmes for clients globally. This position takes ownership of a given Module on at least one Project through the full product development cycle. The position will involve team leadership, technical guidance and financial planning.
- VPD Core
- Customer/Client Management
- Offshore teams
- You will provide leadership and coordination within your defined module where new engineering systems and components are developed. Managing the team, planning projects and reporting on progress, you’ll see that your module meets every challenge it is set, on time and to the highest standards possible. This will involve working across technical specialisms, adopting new processes and acting as the main point of contact with the vehicle line programme team.
- You will lead your team in technical discussions to deliver robust fault free designs through the application of the Concurrent Engineering disciplines DFMEA, DFA, DFM, Campaign Prevention Process, Robustness, etc.
- Develop the System/Component Design Specification & the Statements of Work for the Supplier
- Validate that all products meet the specification requirements and project targets through a documented DVP
- Project manage/design systems, subsystems and components which meet agreed programme targets at lowest Total Cost, continually monitor the cost status versus cost target, and take appropriate action to control, identify and report cost risks and opportunities as soon as they are known
- Ensure the effective application of APQP to manage system/ component delivery, represent the engineers of the components/ subsystems in that module, and call in other experts as necessary, such as PMST Leaders, Development Engineers, Analysis Engineers, Vehicle Integration Engineers etc.
- To provide expertise in their fields.
Experience / Skills Required:
- You will need to be an exceptional Automotive project leader, with experience of engineering team management and experience of Automotive product design involving complex systems integration related to Vehicle Exteriors.
- You will also need experience of financial planning, engineering development and virtual product creation within the Automotive sector, using a variety of computer aided solutions.
- CAD Literacy: ability to manipulate and interrogate CAD data and use associated visualisation tools.
- You will be degree educated or significant equivalent experience or qualifications.
- Ability to lead the resolution of business, technical and process issues as they arise.
- Knowledge of change control, product definition and change management processes will also prove invaluable.
- Applied experience using the following processes: DFMEA, DFA, DFM and APQP.
- Successful history of delivery within the automotive sector.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment Agency.