Our prestige engineering client is currently recruiting for the following role:
Desktop Support Engineer - Warwickshire - £23/hr (equiv £15.80/hr net take home) Inside IR35 - 6 Months contract (potential to roll)
As part of the desktop support team you will maintain the network and IT equipment for the client. Our client engineers & designs products for customers therefore ensuring the maintenance of the network and IT equipment is essential. The desktop engineer will have to coordinate with Corporate IT / Site Admin team to resolve issues, prioritise initiatives and planned activities for various teams. The position has a large opportunity for growth and development.
Area of Responsibility
- Detailed understanding of LAN/WAN/VOIP is required.
- Logging and processing of support calls/emails via our ticketing system.
- Planning and undertaking out of hours maintenance upgrades.
- Good working knowledge of Dell/Extreme/Nutanix/Palo Alto infrastructure.
- Carrying out new starter processes, running IT Inductions and training.
- Repairing equipment and replacing parts and maintaining IT stock.
- Maintaining asset records for HAM and SAM compliance, assisting with annual internal and external audits and providing remedial actions to take.
- Administration and troubleshooting of a wide array of video conferencing solutions, Zoom, Microsoft Teams.
- Environment setup configurations based on Automotive OEM standards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software issues reported to the Service Desk
- Escalate requests to the respective hardware, software vendors as needed.
- Coordination with vendors / partners for improving services and contracts / relationships.
- Perform daily routine system monitoring and conduct Preventive maintenance to avoid downtime.
- Installation of CAD and engineering applications, Office 365, Windows 10 deployment, Disk Encryption.
- Monitor and remove malware/virus, spyware, and other non-authorized software coordinating with respective team owners.
- Complete special projects as requested to meet guidelines following company infosec compliance.
Experience / Skills Required:
- CompTIA A+ Desirable
- ITIL Qualification – Desirable
- Experienced in desktop and network support
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator – able to deal with variety of stakeholders
- Flexibility to adjust to dynamic work environment
- The ability to prioritise, be attentive to details, maintain confidentiality, and provide exceptional client service is required.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.