Our prestige engineering client is currently recruiting for the following role:
Vehicle Safety Attributes Leader - Warwickshire based with occasional Norfolk support - Salary £40-50k p.a. - Permanent
This role is to coordinate Vehicle Safety Attributes Engineering and Delivery – You will work as a part of a wider Vehicle Engineering Team, initially for a specified automotive client but also with consultative support for other customers as required.
This person will coordinate the overall vehicle attribute development and integration in close collaboration with the client and customer vehicle development teams. Tracking the various Attribute targets, coordinating with all CoEs to ensure robust target cascade to suppliers and design, and progressing the Integration Engineers for robust design freezes will be core activities. Work to required processes, procedures tools and techniques. Report Engineering status to Vehicle Engineering Delivery Manager and PMO.
- Develop and implement target / requirements and cascade to support functions.
- Ensure subjective targets are effectively translated to objective targets.
- Ensure all targets are cascaded to all areas of business and systems.
- Ensure all targets and associated test results are robustly documented and reported.
- Take part in design reviews and ensure attributes are represented in the design phase
- Track and progress all appropriate Vehicle level, System and Sub system performance attribute target cascades.
- Ensure capture of and tracking of customer product requirements, legal and regulatory requirements (for the intended markets of sale) also any design and manufacturing driven requirements within the attribute teams.
- Summarise attributes status for programme reporting
- Support Vehicle Development meetings as required including tracking, negotiating and reporting against attribute development plans.
- Support customer development teams to communicate performance measurement definitions, load cases and customer standards interpretations as required.
- Manage the process to work with functional engineering groups and customer vehicle engineering to enable planning of test and validation activities, including developing vehicle, system and component test and validation plans and associated vehicle, and hardware needs to support such testing. This activity will also be supported by a dedicated Test Operations team.
- Status of vehicle development timing plans and resource estimates to support the overall master program plan.
- Upholds and promotes client quality policies, practices, rules and principles.
- Conforms to client employment rules, regulations and code of conduct.
- Operates flexibly conducts all duties reasonable requested by direct manager, customer and or key stakeholders.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Plus 5 years’ experience in Automotive Vehicle Engineering.
- Experience of attribute development and delivery of full vehicle for Safety.
- Familiarity with complete Vehicle Systems development would be a great advantage.
- Understanding of virtual (CAE) and physical (material, mule and prototype properties) test and validation plans is required.
- Familiarity with current and future legal drives (e.g. latest crash regulations) is required.
- Understanding of platform / concept creation requirements
- Expert understanding of the functional attribute development and systems is required
- Experience of working with engineers to define and develop vehicle attributes. Also defining status and managing issue resolution strategies.
- Flexible thinking and excellent problem solving and communication skills. Must be happy to present on a regular basis with confidence and clarity.
Special / Other requirements;
- Willing to travel as and when required for Client activities. (APAC, EU etc.).
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment Agency.