Job Title: Senior Design Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Salary/Rate: Up to £40/hr (Inside IR35)
Duration: 12 months minimum contract, potential to roll
Our global motorcycle manufacturing client is urgently looking to fill the following role:
Role context and purpose:
As a Senior Design Engineer you will be part of the global technical organisation, working as a key player in the Chassis team.
Working with the wider Chassis and across multiple cross functional teams, you will be responsible for the specification, design and development of components, assemblies and systems that contribute to world class leading motorcycles. Collaborating with both in-house manufacturing teams and external suppliers, you will own the design process, working flexibly with Industrial Design, Product Strategy and Sourcing teams, whilst ensuring conformity to regulatory requirements.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Design systems and components for new and updated chassis projects, considering function, cost, manufacturing, assembly and quality.
- Produce 3D CAD models using Creo to the required standard.
- Produce 2D engineering drawings to the required standard.
- Follow and maintain design, operational and quality procedures.
- Produce supporting documentation for designs, as required.
- Design components and systems to comply with regulatory requirements and to internal test procedures.
- Have a good understanding of the application of some regulatory requirements for motorcycles.
- Liaise with internal functional stakeholders to ensure alignment of expectations and needs.
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure design for manufacture feedback is incorporated.
- Manage time and workload effectively.
- Create and manage timing plans for own areas of responsibility.
- Work with CAD Designers allocated to help with creating CAD models.
- Support testing department with the testing of components and motorcycles.
- Provide engineering guidance to other team members.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline. Minimum 2:1 degree required.
- Demonstrable experience in engineering design of components and subassemblies.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Proficient in 3D CAD, preferably Creo.
- Experience of creating and releasing 2D technical drawings.
- Understanding of geometric tolerances on 2D drawings.
- Good understanding of motorcycle chassis layout and construction.
- Practical experience of vehicle maintenance and preparation is advantageous.
- Experience in designing to regulatory requirements as applied to motorcycles.
Success Metrics for the Role:
As a Senior Design Engineer, you will be measured on ‘on time, in full’ delivery of various goals and performance indicators. Overall success of your role will depend on the following measures but not limited to:
- CAD models, design reviews and drawings presented and released in line with project plans.
- Quality of CAD modelling, drawings and application of CAE tools.
- Quality and robustness of design solution proposals and supporting work.
- Quality of collaboration and communications with internal departments and external suppliers.
- Able to demonstrate good time management and a degree of autonomy.
- Good communicator, clear and concise, ability to communicate at all levels.
- Able to mentor junior members of the team.
- Flexible, ability to travel to other work locations including overseas as and when required.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.